Terms & Conditions
You (client) agree to the terms and conditions outlined in this Terms and Conditions Agreement (agreement) with respect to our site (www.egmcigars.com) and with our company, Chaveta SA. This Agreement constitutes the entire and only agreement between Us (www.egmcigars.com / Chaveta SA) and the Client, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties and understandings with respect to www.egmcigars.com, the content, products or services provided by or through the website, and the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may be amended by us at any time and from time to time without specific notice to the Client.
1) www.egmcigars.com doesn't market or sell tobacco products to persons under the age of 18 (or the minimum age in your local jurisdiction, whichever is higher). By placing an order on our website, you swear and affirm under penalty of perjury that you are or the person in your order receiving the shipment of tobacco products from www.egmcigars.com is over the age of 18 (or the minimum age in your local jurisdiction, whichever is higher). It is unlawful to attempt to purchase cigars below the minimum age. By clicking on any of the product links on the website, the Client is confirming that he/she is of legal age in his location of residence, and agrees that as part of the ordering process his age may be verified in available age verification databases. If you are not of legal age, use of our website is prohibited.
2) Cigar Smoking is considered hazardous to your health. Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, and May Complicate Pregnancy. Smoking by Pregnant Women May Result in Fetal Injury, Premature Birth and Low Birth Weight. Cigar Smoke Contains Carbon Monoxide. Quitting Smoking Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risks to Your Health. www.egmcigars.com shall have no liability to you or any third party for adverse health effects from usage of tobacco products.
3) We reserve the right to reject or cancel any order for any reason. No order shall be binding on www.egmcigars.com until we accept and confirm. You will receive a notification by email once you complete the checkout. All orders are subject to confirmation by us. An order is not confirmed until we have verified with the warehouse that we still have the item(s) in stock. If we don't have the product in stock at the time of purchase, we will inform you accordingly.
4) By placing an order on EGMCigars.com, you acknowledge that you are fully responsible for any duties and taxes charged by your local customs authorities, as well as all clearance procedures.
5) The Client confirm submitting the order that (i) any credit card information he/she supplies is true, correct and complete, (ii) charges incurred by him/her will be honored by your credit card company, and (iii) he/she will pay the charges incurred by him/her at the posted prices, including any shipping fees and applicable importation taxes. Your billing information must match the information on your credit card statement. If it does not match, your order may be delayed, during the verification process. www.egmcigars.com reserves the right to ask for more information with regards to Client's credit cards. The Client's credit card will be charged in the amount of the order he/she placed, immediately after he/she submits his payment details. The Client will be invoiced only after confirmation of the order by us. In the event the Client's order gets cancelled, the pre-authorization will get cancelled and the funds will be released within 7-10 business days.
5a) The Client has the right to cancel the order within 3 (three) days, a cancellation fee equal to 23% (twentythree) of the total amount initially paid will be retained at the time of refund.
6) By placing an order on egmcigars.com, you agree to contact EGM Cigars' customer service before filing any disputes with your card company. Violation of this agreement will lead to immediate and permanent account termination.
7) We ship in the original boxes with the bands on. Your cigars will arrive fresh and in original impeccable condition. All of our packages are shipped with SwissPost in the most discrete way as possible. Postal delivery is approximately 5 - 20 business days for most of Europe, 6 - 10 business days for North America, 10 - 25 business days for Asia and Pacific Rim. Please note that actual delivery times may vary depending on the performance of the local Postal organization of the destination country which www.egmcigars.com has no control over.
8) Tobacco related laws differ from one country to another. There are countries where importation of tobacco products or Cuban goods may be prohibited. No Cuban Cigars will be neither sold nor sent to an American Citizen, wherever he is living throughout the world. By placing an order with www.egmcigars.com, the Client confirms that he knows the applicable laws pertaining to the purchase and importation of Cuban Cigars from abroad to his shipping address. The Client takes on full legal responsibility for bringing the cigars into his country. www.egmcigars.com does not assume any responsibility for any duties, tariffs, taxes, customs, or brokerage fees, delayed shipments or any further inconveniences caused by domestic Customs offices. www.egmcigars.com is not in a position to be fully aware of all regulations pertaining to customs offices all over the world hence assumes that each Client is fully aware of the conditions and regulations applied by his domestic customs system.
9) Delivery is guaranteed except for situations that arise from Client error such as: Wrong or insufficient address; Address change due to relocation or a move; Unsuccessful delivery due to customer not being present at the delivery address; Assumed loss of the package(s) after delivery (package tracking shows delivered but the Client says he has not received the package); Importation prohibited by local legislation; Clearance refused. The Client acknowledges that no refund is due if the package does not get delivered to the Client due to one of the above reasons. In case of lost shipments due to all other reasons, www.egmcigars.com guarantees the reshipment of the order. In case of return to our warehouses and products in good conditions it's possible to request a refund excluding a percentage of administrative fee equal to 21%.
10) 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. In the unlikely event that you are not completely satisfied with your cigars, simply contact us within 5 days of the product receipt for an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) before sending the cigars back to us. We will give you detailed return instructions depending on your special case and country. All return packages must be authorized by www.egmcigars.com prior to shipping and the Client must provide www.egmcigars.com with a tracking number immediately after sending the package(s). Returns for cigars will only be accepted with original bands, cellophane sleeves, tubes, or other "individual" packaging still intact. Because taste is such a personal thing, we will not accept returns for cigars that you just do not like the flavour of and that have no quality issues. We will send a replacement, issue a Credit Voucher or refund your money according to your preference as soon as the defective goods are received by us. Each legal dispute will be held at the Regional Protection Authority 1 in Chiasso, Switzerland.
11) The contents of this website are copyrighted by www.egmcigars.com. All the content within this website including, but not limited to text, images, and coding are the property of www.egmcigars.com and protected by International Copyright and Trademark laws. No content may be copied or reproduced in any form, hosted elsewhere online, or utilized in any means without the explicit written permission of www.egmcigars.com. Our suppliers change packaging and look of their products (bands, boxes, tubes, etc.) from time to time and the changes may not always be reflected on our web site. www.egmcigars.com cannot be held responsible for any typographical errors or image disparity on its web site.